Thursday, October 1, 2015

Senior Profolio Sign Dancers Project

Sign Dancers. 


The idea behind this project was to capture the sign dancers of Jacksonville. I stopped as soon as I saw any sign dancers. At first it was intimidating going up to a complete stranger and asking if i could photograph them . Most people were very kind and had no problem with it as I let them know it was for a school project. It was a very interesting project and definitely in many ways challenged me to come out of my comfort zone. 

So when I went up to this guy and asked to take his photo
he had absolutely no problem with this idea. Although as soon as
shot a image. The owner of this tax place came out and asked me what
I was doing and asked to see the picture. I went into the tax office where a
lady was sitting doing someones taxes just normal as can be. Turned the
corner open door to find....
a massive black guy sitting at a desk with a box of publix friend chicken
and some type of gun sitting on the desk. SCARY! Turns out he wanted to
see if I would photograph his dancers . After chatting a bit turns out he also
owns the Gentlemens club next door to the tax place. Needless to say I
did not take the offer of photographing his "



2 comments: